Everyone looks better with a tan, but doing it the safe way will save your skin from the damaging effects of the sun. The sun causes skin cancer, increases the aging process, and even weakens our immune system. Did you know that your biggest risk of getting skin cancer happens before the age of 20? This is why it is so important to start protecting yourself at an early age.
Most people agree that it is fashionable to look tanned, but it is also necessary to take the right step to protect yourself from the sun’s damaging rays.
Here are some tips to avoid the sun’s damaging rays:
- Sunglasses are also extremely important to protect your sensitive eyes from the harsh glare of the sun. Purchase good quality sunglasses which block out 99 to almost 100 % of the rays. Even children are recommended to wear sunglasses.
- Apply sunscreen in the morning and when outdoors, reapply every 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Also for added protection use skin care products that contain an SPF.
- Do take extra precautions if you have a particularly sensitive skin. Also, if you are on certain medications or pills, like the birth control pills, then it is absolutely advisable to follow all the precautions before tanning.
- Where a hat whenever possible especially when you are spending a lot of time outdoors.It is recommended that you always where a hat at the beach.
- Also self tanners are a great way to get your beautiful tan, it is safe and effective. There are some great self tanning products that will give you a great looking tan.